I have always wanted whiter teeth (who doesn’t want picture-perfect sparklers?!) but professional whitening services cost an arm and a leg. I was not convinced. When I was sent an amazing package of White Glo products to trial, I was over the moon! Easy, at-home teeth whitening products from an Australian brand that don’t break the bank? Count me in! Read on to find out my thoughts on some of White Glo’s newest and most popular products…
About the brand
White Glo is an Australian brand that produces at-home teeth whitening products. They were the first company to introduce teeth whitening products to the Australian market! White Glo is also available internationally as well in a number of chemists and supermarkets. White Glo is vegan and cruelty free.
As well as whitening toothpaste, White Glo offers a range of targeted at-home teeth whitening products, such as the Diamond Series Whitening System and Bright Nights Dissolving Whitening Films. They also offer a whitening toothpaste aimed at coffee and tea drinkers, and recently released an activated charcoal whitening toothpaste! There really is something for everyone with this brand.
Diamond Series Whitening System
This product contains a full size White Glo Professional Choice toothpaste, the whitening gel (which is formulated with the same ingredients dentists use in clinics to whiten teeth), and a plastic mouth tray. This whitening system is designed to be used once a day for one week. The whitening gel is placed into the mouth tray and then popped into your mouth for 5-15 minutes.
The treatment is meant to be used in conjunction with the Professional Choice toothpaste used twice a day. This pack retails for $19.99 AUD. The whitening gel has up to 35 uses – so that’s amazing value for money! I trialled this whitening system for the recommended week and I was pretty impressed with the results!
- This whitening system actually worked. After just a few days my teeth looked whiter.
- This product did not sting, burn, or cause any issues with my teeth or gums. It felt very gentle.
- There was no strong scent of bleach or chemicals.
- It was quick and quite easy to use – White Glo recommends using this in the shower!
- The value for money is extremely good, especially considering you get a full size toothpaste included in the pack.
- The toothpaste itself tasted really nice, and did a great job of cleaning my teeth without being too abrasive. I really loved this toothpaste.
- The mouth tray was slightly uncomfortable. I have quite large teeth, and I’ve had a lot of orthodontic work done to fix my teeth, so I’m not surprised the mouth tray did not fit perfectly. The tray is supposed to mould to the individual but I did not find this to be the case. After about 10 minutes of use, my teeth did feel a little sore, but the discomfort went away quite quickly. It wasn’t enough discomfort to make me stop using the product.
- Because of the size and fit issue, I found that this product did not whiten my teeth evenly. I could see it working better on the bottom half of my front teeth, rather than the whole tooth. Again, this is probably because my teeth are ridiculously large, but it was a negative. Not everyone has perfectly sized teeth.
Coffee and Tea Drinkers Formula – Whitening Toothpaste
This toothpaste contains “revolutionary Micro-Polishing Particles” targeted at discolouration and yellowing caused by drinking coffee and tea. This toothpaste formula also claims to protect and shield against new stains forming. The Coffee and Tea Drinkers Formula toothpaste retails for only $4.16 AUD, which is great value for money yet again. I tried this toothpaste for a few weeks and I liked it, but I prefer the Professional Choice toothpaste overall.
- This did do a good job of repelling new stains – every time I used this there seemed to be a lot of colour coming out when I was rinsing (sounds gross, but it’s just a fact of life, folks). That colour wasn’t sticking around and staining my teeth, which was great to see.
- This also comes with a toothbrush, which I found really handy. The toothbrush itself is really nice!
- I didn’t find this to be as refreshing as the Professional Choice toothpaste. This formula seemed weaker almost, and it didn’t leave my teeth feeling super fresh and clean as the other toothpaste did. Some people may actually prefer this, but I like a strong toothpaste.
- I didn’t see immediate whitening results, but I only used this for a few weeks. I’m sure results would be more noticeable over an extended period of use.
Deep Stain Remover Activated Charcoal – Whitening Toothpaste
This is a newer product by White Glo – there is a real trend happening with charcoal toothpaste lately. This is a black formula but it turns white and foams up normally upon use. I was really scared to try this initially but it was just like any other toothpaste. It is formulated with charcoal, which is meant to be effective at naturally brightening and whitening the teeth. This toothpaste retails for $5.49 AUD and comes with a toothbrush as well.
- Similar to the Professional Choice toothpaste, I really liked how my teeth and mouth felt after using this toothpaste. It was very refreshing.
- It didn’t taste different despite the name and colour – don’t be afraid to try this product out!
- Great value for money!
- Again, the results were not evident immediately. My partner and I both used this product for a couple of weeks and I don’t think it made a huge difference in how white our teeth looked. I think with a prolonged period of use (say, six months), this product may deliver more noticeable results.
Bright Nights – Dissolving Whitening Films
Bright Nights are dissolvable strips that you apply to your teeth for a quick whitening effect – it is designed as a “top-up” and claims to lighten your teeth up to a shade or more instantly. The strips “work by being absorbed by your teeth enamel to turn yellowing and discolouration into oxygen particles”. Sounds incredible! These strips retail for $8.99 AUD and come in a pack of six. You can layer the strips for a more intense whitening effect. They are designed to be used on the go before an event.
- I really like the concept of these – they are quick and easy to use
- As always, this product is affordable!
- This has a really strong minty scent/flavour, which I love! It’s really refreshing to use – especially before an event
- This product claims to be mess-free, but I did find it a little messy to use. The strip looks like tape straight out of the packet, but once applied to the teeth, it dissolves into a gummy paste. You cannot swallow the product, which proves difficult as it takes some time to dissolve completely. I found I had to keep running to the bathroom to spit (bit gross), so I can’t imagine how this product could be used “on the go”.
- This claims to lighten your teeth by at least one shade, but I didn’t see much difference in my teeth colour unfortunately. I really wanted to love this product but I just didn’t think it was effective. You can use more than one strip for more noticeable results, so perhaps that is the way to go. Using a few at a time though means the product becomes less affordable as you aren’t getting as many uses out of a pack.
Overall, I really do like the brand White Glo – I love supporting Australian brands with good ethics and an affordable price tag. I enjoyed using all of the toothpastes and would definitely purchase those. The Diamond Series Whitening System was also pretty effective, despite the discomfort from the whitening tray. Prolonged use of that system would result in whiter teeth, at least for me. The Bright Nights strips were a bit of a disappointment in terms of effectiveness and usability, which is a shame. I will continue using them though in case I see improvement down the track.
Have you tried any of these products from White Glo? What is your favourite way to whiten your teeth at home? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading this long review.
Until next time,
*These products were sent to me free of charge by White Glo and Sweaty Betty PR for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. I trialled these products myself and this is my honest review.