Welcome to The Travel Edit! I am very excited today because my holiday is fast approaching and I’m busy planning outfits and what to pack. What better time to chat with you about my holiday must-haves then right now as I’m preparing for my holiday?! Yippee! I’m going on a houseboat for one week with my family and I’m really looking forward to it. It’s my one big holiday of the year, and I’ve been planning it for months.
I’ll take this time now to warn that because of this holiday, I will have a brief hiatus from blogging in mid-October. This will be my last post for the next two weeks, but then I’ll be back!
Now onto the Travel Edit!
I’m packing A LOT of sunscreen for this trip. I’ve got all my bases covered: face, body, and lips.
- Olay Complete UV Defence Lotion Sensitive SPF 30
- This is my every day moisturiser with SPF in it, it’s lovely and light. This product feels like more of a moisturiser than a sunscreen.
- Ego Sun Sense Daily Face SPF 50+ Invisible Tint Finish
- This is a heavy duty tinted sunscreen for the face. It’s a matte, oil free formula. It can ball up a bit on the face at times so I don’t use this on an every day basis. However, as this is SPF 50+ it is perfect for beach days or summer holidays.
- Banana Boat Ultra SPF 50+
- I really like this sunscreen for my body – I don’t like to use anything under SPF 50. It’s really thick and protective.
- Ego QV Face Lip Balm SPF 30+
- My favourite lip balm! It’s so comfortable and nourishing and is SPF 30! High sun protection is so important for your lips.
In terms of my skin care routine, I’ll be keeping it very simple. I usually use a lot of serums (all from The Ordinary) but I will leave these at home for this week, just because they aren’t in the most travel-friendly packaging.
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Wipes
- I don’t use facial wipes ordinarily, but for holidays and travel they are so convenient. These ones are nice and gentle.
- Ego QV Gentle Facial Cleanser
- I have a little travel size of this gentle cleanser. It’s so lovely and light, perfect for sensitive skin. As my skin will be subjected to the sun and wind (and as I won’t be wearing heavy makeup), this light cleanser will be perfect for me to use.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, & Rosewater
- I love this facial spray! It’s so refreshing and smells amazing! I keep mine in the fridge for an ultimate cool down.
- Intense Formulas Luxury Facial Oil
- Oils are so replenishing after you have been in the sun, wind, and water all day. This luxury oil is packed full of beautiful oils. It’s my one skin treat that I am bringing with me while I am away.
- Simple Radiance Brightening Eye Cream
- I can’t live without an eye cream, and this one is excellent for travel as it comes in a compact plastic tube. It’s great for the mornings to give your eyes a brighter appearance.
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturising Factors + HA
- Again, I really like the travel-friendly packaging of this product. It’s a great moisturiser for every day – it’s thick and nourishing but also mattifying, so perfect for day or night.
- Hurraw! Moon Balm Blue Chamomile Lip Balm
- This is my favourite night time lip balm. I cannot live without it. It’s so nourishing and smells delicious. It’s vegan, Australian made, and affordable too!
- Lush Cosmetics Karma Kream Hand and Body Lotion
- I cannot forget a moisturiser for my body and hands before bed. This lotion from Lush smells incredible (I am also packing the Karma solid perfume as well). It’s lightweight but effective.
I’m only packing the bare essentials in terms of makeup (I’ll be with my family, so no one to really impress there!). I’ll be using the Maybelline Tattoo Brow Gel Tint (read my review here) before I leave, so my brows shouldn’t need much work for a few days. I am also getting my lashes lifted and tinted beforehand, so I shouldn’t need mascara either. My beauty routine while travelling consists of a protected base, brows and lashes done, and maybe a bold colourful lip when I feel like it.
- Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional Primer
- I have been using this primer a lot lately and really like it. I love wearing it alone to minimise my pores and control shine throughout the day.
- Chi Chi Cosmetics BB Cream
- For days I want a little more coverage. It contains SPF 30 so it still perfect for days on the boat in the sun.
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
- My holy grail concealer. I often wear this alone just to brighten my under eyes and cover blemishes. It blends so perfectly into my skin and lasts all day. I love it!
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow
- My favourite brow product. I need this, and nothing else. It’s so easy.
- Lanolips Tinted Lip Balm SPF 30 in Rose, Rhubarb, and Nude
- I’ve raved about these balms before. They give a beautiful tint and shine, they are nourishing, and super protective!
- Australis KPOP Lip Oil Tint in Coco
- I mentioned this product in my August Favourites post. It’s a lovely bright, moisturising lip tint, ideal for day time.
- Clinique Pop Glaze Sheer Lip Colour and Primer in Bubblegum Pop
- This is a sheer lip colour, perfect for bright sunny days. It’s non-drying and fun. Love it.
I never worry too much about my hair usually, and the same applies for when I travel. I’m packing the essentials only!
- John Frieda Beach Blonde Cool Dip Purifying Shampoo
- John Frieda Beach Blonde Smooth Seas Detangling Conditioner
- This shampoo and conditioner are perfect for summer holidays. They are formulated especially for hair that has been out in the sun and water. They contain cooling mint and are formulated for blonde hair to boot. I have them in travel sizes and they are excellent.
- L’Oreal Botanicals Safflower Rich Infusion Softening Ointment
- I’ve written about this product in my July Favourites. It’s a lovely softening balm, and I’m bringing it as my little hair treat for the week. This can double as a leave-in conditioner which may be necessary for my hair after days of sun and wind.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – Tropical
- I can’t go on holiday without dry shampoo. This baby will help out between washes, plus it smells like coconuts, so it’s perfect for a summer holiday!
And that’s it! What products make up your travel essentials? Let me know in the comments below!