Christmas is only 5 weeks away – can you believe it?! I certainly can’t, and I am way behind on my Christmas shopping. To help organise myself (and you lovely readers), I’ve compiled a list of the best Christmas gifts under $50
Usually I like to splurge at Christmas time and really treat my loved ones, but this year I have a looming house move ahead of me and I want to save some $$ and snag some great budget gifts. Read on to see what I recommend!
Makeup/Nail Polish/Skin Care Holiday Sets
It would be remiss of me NOT to mention something beauty-related considering this is a beauty blog. Makeup is an awesome gift and it can be so affordable. There are so many holiday sets that get released every year, there is sure to be something for everyone. The same can be said for nail polish or skin care. Not everyone is a fan of eye shadow palettes and lipstick, but everyone’s gotta shower, so there’s bound to be something in your local pharmacy or drugstore that would make a lovely gift for someone.
My top affordable beauty-related picks:
- Benefit Cosmetics Bronzed N Sculpted Contour Kit
- Available from Sephora Australia for $29.00 this is a fun-sized collection of Benefit best sellers – Hoola, Hoola Quickie Contour Stick, and Watt’s Up highlighter. This pack is sure to suit a range of skin tones and the value is pretty good for this set. It’s a great way to try these cult products out!
- Tarte Skin Win Hydrating Skin Care Set
- I’m just going to come out and say that Tarte do the best holiday releases. This limited edition set is so perfect – you get mini versions of their Rainforest of the Sea™ Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturiser, Maracuja Oil, Rainforest of the Sea™ 4-in-1 Setting Mist, and Quench Lip Rescue in Shell (sheer mauve). This would suit many different skin types and ages. It is excellent value for money at only $32.00 from Sephora Australia.
- Nude By Nature Sunrise Luxe 10 Piece Brush Set
- Makeup brushes are one of those things that I know I need, but I get no joy from buying them (well, sometimes). I just get more excited about other makeup items over brushes sometimes. Therefore, I really love receiving brush sets as gifts – I really do think they make the best present. This 10 piece brush set from Nude By Nature looks so luxe and gorgeous and it’s only $39.95 from Priceline. I would be quick with this one because I think it will be sold out very soon! For those of you not in Australia, I highly recommend BH Cosmetics brush sets as well – they are affordable and great quality!
- Lush Cosmetics Gift Packs
- Lush do the best gift packs year-round, but they really step up their game for Christmas. These packs come pre-wrapped so you don’t even need to worry about that!
Tea Sets/Edible Treats/House Bits & Bobs
I luuuuuurve receiving gifts like this! There is nothing better than a beautiful tea set that brightens up your morning tea (or coffee!). Never underestimate the brilliance of buying FOOD for people as well. Obviously check that they don’t have any dietary requirements first, but I love gifting people with beautiful chocolates, dips, cheeses, oils et cetera. Perfect for Mums and Dads who are more difficult to buy for too!
My top affordable home-related picks:
- T2 Tea Sets – particularly their Luna Nights and Rhythms of Nature collections.
- Every silly season sees me stalking around my local T2 shop – they always have beautiful collections year-round but there are some great bargains come Christmas time. You can usually get excellent gift packs including a tea set and some tea for around the $50 mark. Otherwise, there are single cup and saucer sets averaging around $30! There really is something for everyone here.
- ANYTHING FROM KMART!
- A candle
- Dusk is always a great place to go when you need to get a gift – everyone loves candles, right?! There is something for every budget at Dusk – I really like their oil burners too.
If you want something affordable but still personal, never fear! A good book is always a winner, with most landing under the $50 mark. Buying books for people can be difficult, but if you know the person well, choosing a book they love is something so special. I really cherish the books people have selected for me (and I have ended up loving them all that much more knowing someone took the time to pick something they thought I would enjoy).
If you literally want something personal, why not get something monogrammed? Monogramming is such a thing now – and this year Kikki K (my favourite stationery store) is monogramming diaries, key chains, phone cases, coin purses, and more in store for a small fee! Some of these things (like the diaries) are more expensive than $50 – but the key chains and coin purse plus the monogramming comes within our budget. I think this sort of thing makes a great gift, and I personally want everything from this range with my initials on it, please and thank you.
That concludes my budget gift guide! I hope you found this helpful and inspiring if you are getting overwhelmed with Christmas (I know I am). Happy shopping! Happy holidays!